9.26.2011

A Productive Weekend

Wow! Can we start a petition for 3 day weekends all the time? I mean really. Two days just isn't enough. Just when I get the hang of relaxing and being ok with being lazy its time to go on Monday morning!

I can't complain too much, I guess. It was an absolutely gorgeous weekend here in Colorado with clear skies, sunshine and perfect temps. Which meant yard work, projects, volunteering, long walks with the dogs, football with friends and lots of productivity!

Saturday was spent cheering on the Team in Training participants on their Mission Day - longest run of the season. As an alumni of the program and continual supporter, I woke up early and hit the trail to man a cheer station for the runners. We had signs encouraging the runners, snacks, water and gatorade. It was so great to see so many familiar faces and to see the runners looking so strong at miles 6.5 and 13. In fact, it may have been the motivation to get me training for marathon #8. More on that later.

Among other projects I did take some time Sunday morning to make some little yummies - raspberry scones!


I used this recipe off of pinterest (duh) and it turned out pretty well - except that I mis-measured the salt. Oops! But I added extra vanilla extract to compensate and they aren't too bad. 


Now I have breakfast-on-the-go all week. And I was so thankful for that this morning! Really - anyone else want to see if we can get 3 day weekends all the time?



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails