7.21.2011

The Master Bathroom Wrap-Up

Remember almost a month ago when I posted here about the near completion about the project? Well I realized that I never did do the final recap - so here it is!

We went from this:
What used to be the shower on the far left and the vanity

The shower

The wall where we ripped out tile around the vanity area
to this:
New paint, new beadboard walls, new mirror and light fixture
We took the doors off the cabinet above the toilet - I love the open spa-like feel of it. 

We even have new towel bars! But we reused the sink and toilet to save us some cash!

IN LOVE with my new shower. Love the tile. Love the rain shower head. Love, Love, Love. 

Now this is what I like to wake up to!

Patched the wall (left) where the old TP holder was and got a fancy new one!
Yeah - we still have two pieces of trim to put up - as well as one tiny section of beadboard near the shower. But it'll get done eventually - right?! I wish there were little elves that could come over and "finish" all the little projects in my house.

Or maybe I should do all the finish work before starting the next project! ha - silly girl. That would NEVER happen. I'm a remodelaholic - I love starting a new project!

I wish I had the break down of costs - but since the project was almost 11 months long, I have no idea what we spent on stuff. Here's what I do know:

Tile - Rialto Noce from Lowe's ($2.28 sq ft) 12 x 12 in porcelain tile


Accent Tile - I can't seem to find it on Lowe's website, but it was about $11 for a 12 x 12, that we cut in half to get the narrower accent trim in the shower

Grout - Custom Building premixed sanded grout in Sandstone from Home Depot ($20.97 x 2)
#180 Sandstone 1 Gal. Premixed Grout

Beadboard - Cape Cod MDF Beadboard Planks 3 pck from Home Depot ($17.97 x 6?)
14 sq. ft. Cape Cod MDF Beadboard Planks (3-Pack)
Chair Rail - Knotty Pine Beadboard Trim Pack from Home Depot ($15.98 x 2?)
8 ft. x 2-11/16 in. x 9/16 in. Knotty Pine Beadboard Trim Pack

We scored the shower head from TJ Maxx (of all places!) for $30, and bought the simple replacement shower handle for $32 from Home Depot.
Method 1-Handle Posi-Temp Shower Only in Chrome

The mirror was a clearance purchase from TJ Maxx - but of course I can't remember what I paid for it - maybe $40 or $50?

And the light fixture was from Lowe's, the Bel Air 3-Light brushed nickel vanity light for $60
Bel Air Lighting 3-Light Brushed Nickel Bathroom Vanity Light

We scored the towel bar, hooks and TP holder on clearance at Target
Product Image Parma Paper Holder - Brushed Nickel

We reused/recycled:

  • the shower rings and shower curtains
  • the vanity
  • the toilet
  • the cabinets
All in all, not a bad project. And I LOVE my new bathroom - I might even be nice enough to let Seth use it from time to time! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails