7.26.2011

And in other news

Oh, let's be honest  - there is no other news besides what's happening with the bathroom remodel. My life is nothing but the ordinary - and I love that!

I put in trim on Friday between jobs and installed the toilet during a midday Saturday break between bridal shower and bachelorette party. I'm fancy. I know.

One of these days I'll take a picture with a real camera rather than the phone. But I'm just too lazy lately! And yes, I still have some work to do on the wall patch where the tp holder used to be. Details, details. 

This "Little Loo" (yes, she has a nickname already) was no easy thing, either. Although, it should have been. Ladies - do NOT be intimidated by the toilet - it may be nasty to clean, but it's a breeze to install! As long as your bolts are long enough. Which, of course, mine weren't. Had to have some fun with this project - it's no fun if there isn't a little drama involved!

The previous owners apparently decided to "seal the toilet" onto the concrete floor with CONCRETE. Really? So annoying. The old toilet came off just fine - so much for sealing it. But the bolting system was cemented to the floor. When I put our new toilet over the top, the addition of the mastic and tile made it so that the bolts were just a smidge too short to actually do their job of securing the toilet. 



A quick trip - with my lovely photo - to Ace Hardware and I had my answer. A few couplings, some nylon washers and two new screws to go into the couplings and I was good to go. Oh, and a new water hose that was long enough, too. I hate projects that take multiple trips to the store - ugh. 

I've used Little Loo several times - and I love it! It's so nice to watch a movie in the cool basement and not have to run upstairs in the summer heat and use the restroom. 

Yesterday over my lunch hour - I'm nothing if not efficient - I ran to the HD to get some lumber for my vanity. Let me tall ya - these plans by Ana White are so stinking easy. I had everything cut and put together in about an hour. Now I just need to get the wood for the top, sand, sand, and sand, and stain and seal. 

No pictures yet - but as soon as I get the top I'll post some. 

Oh - and in other other news - I chopped my hair! 


1 comment:

Linda Throckmorton said...

Wow, it's been a while since you have had your hair this length! Will you still be able to pull it back into a ponytail for running?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails