6.06.2011

Marathoning = Having a Baby (sortof)

Remember when I compared marathoning to having a baby?  Click here to read about me bringing home baby #6. I know, call me crazy. Especially since I've never had a baby. But I found this and had to share.

"It takes months and months of preparation...you spend months and months reading books about the impending event...You are either so famished you are eating everything in sight, or you are so sick you spend most of your time in the bathroom...you're sore in places you never knew you could be sore...And as the day circled on your calendar grows nearer, you begin to stress - if this is your first, about if you are really ready for it and wondering how much it will hurt - and if you've done it before, if you are really ready for it again and knowing how much it will hurt...Finally the day arrives and you start...You think after awhile, "Hey, this isn't so bad," but soo that turns into "Oh, my gosh....I think I'm going to die" which then turns into "Someone, please kill me now" and you think people would have to be insane to do this more than once...but you push through it all somehow, and after you're done you have something so special that you've worked so hard to bring to being...and you have such a feeling of accomplishment and pride that suddenly it all seems worth it...and no matter if it is your first or your fifth every one is special and unique and you will cherish them all...And before you know it you've forgotten the pain and you'll be contemplating the next one!"

credit

Ha - so very true. Especially the part about someone please kill me now.

Marathon update and pictures coming soon! The good news - I survived!

Post Marathon = Ice Pool and Cheetoh's

1 comment:

Julianna said...

I can't even imagine. I used to run 3 miles a day. Loved it.

Post children, I now only run when someone's chasing me. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails