5.03.2011

Mother's Day Gift

I'm hoping that my mom's internet is still out and that she's not checking in on the blog today - otherwise, it might ruin her Mother's Day surprise.

So Mom, if you are reading this - STOP! Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Just close out of this window now.

You'll see your gift soon enough - and ME TOO! Can't wait to see you in South Carolina in a few days!

If you are no my mom, please scroll down to see the gift idea.












Ok - for the rest of you, I'll share the quick and easy little gift I whipped up in about 30 minutes yesterday.

I've been loving this subway art that keeps popping up everywhere, but never thought I was technically savvy or creative enough to put something together on my own. Guess what? It's SO easy. It literally took me 20 minutes to put this together and print it off.

I started with the word MOTHER as my central focal point in black bold text. Then I thought of all the words that related to moms or best describe moms. These are the words I came up with for my mom:

  • beautiful
  • strong
  • loving
  • wise
  • patient
  • gentle
  • unconditional love
  • friend
  • gourmet chef
  • prayer warrior
  • thoughtful
And here is what I came up with

Then I used my 40% off coupon at Michael's to score a couple of big frames, some ribbon, and some big orange flowers. 

I went home and matted one of the frames with some pretty paper. The other frame was pre-matted. I put  our little Mother's Day creation in the frame and tied a ribbon around it with a little flower for added color. 




I hope my mom's like them!

Come back tomorrow to see Part 2 of the Mother's Day gift! 

Linking up with the following lovely parties:






4 comments:

Karey said...

Great idea. Hope your mom followed orders.

Suzanne said...

Oooh, I like! Thanks for sharing this idea, I'm going to use it for sure--I'll probably make each of my kids one with their names. Fun!

Christie said...

This is adorable. Love it.

Kate@TwentySixToLife said...

That's so nice! She's going to love it :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails