After seeing great laundry remodels over at Tell'er All About It and In The Fun Lane, I've had the hankering to finish off our laundry room. Who needs a fancy shmancy laundry room, you ask? Everyone! That's who! If we're gonna be stuck doing the laundry, at least it can be a pleasant room with loads (pardon the pun) of counter space, storage and access to all the laundry supplies in a fun and clean environment.
Check out these laundry rooms for some drool worthy inspiration:
Photo by Velvet and Linen
2009 HGTV Dream Home
Essential items for my laundry room makeover:
- we'll skip the obvious walls and floor, as our current laundry room is bare studs, brick and concrete floors
- counters! And lots of counters - for folding, sorting and having a place to set my laundry detergent
- cupboards - for concealing all the "other" supplies that go along with laundry and laundry rooms
- lights - it's a dark space, lights would brighten it up and make it so much more welcoming
- these fun little canisters - because laundry detergent should have a beautiful place to call home too!
Pottery Barn Bird Canisters
A girl can dream, right?!