2.01.2011

An Indecisive Woman Who Loves to Paint

I may be crazy (most likely) but I actually like to paint. In all of our home renovating days, the one task that I am happy to take on and S is happy to pass along is painting! I love the sense of accomplishment that I get after painting. It's such a quick way to make a significant impact on a room. A new coat of pretty paint makes my heart flutter.

And even though our home was professtionally painted - with colors that I picked out - just over 18 months ago, I'm ready for some new color. Shameful, I know. But I think I'm over the beige monotony that is our house.
PS - Don't say anything to S about me wanting to paint. I like to "surprise" him - hee, hee, hee!

I'm loving this new gray that seems to be hitting several other bloggers out there. Like over at NewlyWoodwards:
I love how the gray POPS with the white moldings. It has a sense of cool chic-ness to it that I love. Sophisticated, yet understated. (They used Martha Stewart Bedford Gray color matched in Behr paint.)

And check out Bryn's master bedroom done in Benjamin Moore's Gunmetal Gray:

And these from Decorpad make me want to run home and change into my painting clothes and go crazy!
kitchens - Benjamin Moore - Amherst Gray - gray walls turquoise blue vintage refrigerator rustic kitchen island floating shelves  Elizabeth Carneykitchens - Benjamin Moore - Fieldstone - gray green kitchen cabinets subway tiles backsplash farmhouse sink kitchen island open shelves calcutta marble countertopsliving rooms - Behr - Castle Mist - Greige paint grey silk drapes Nancy Corzine chandelier Whittington custom furniture  Grey Living roommiscellaneous - Behr - Elephant Skin - gray grey bedroom silver black aqua green round table mirrored chest  9x9 guestroom w/full size bed blackbathrooms - Sherwin Williams - Intellectual Gray - Painting lights bath accessories decorative sea stars vases rug mirror  Pamela Pryce bathroomkitchens - Benjamin Moore - Fieldstone - gray kitchen cabinets open shelves farmhouse sink island pendants calcutta marble countertops  Sally
From beige to gray - sounds tantilizing, doesn't it!? Now which room to start with? The master, the living room or the bathroom?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails