1.11.2011

Thrifting

On Saturday I went thrifting. I keep seeing amazing furniture finds on other blogs and I've been frustrated by what we're finding - or not finding - at regular furniture stores, not to mention the outrageous prices. So I thought I would give thrifting a try.

First I made my list of what I was looking for:
  • mirror for the bathroom project
  • entry way table
  • end tables
  • tall dresser
Then I made my route of places to check out for Saturday. This included about 5 different places, located all around Denver. I checked out everything from an estate sale, goodwill, and some furniture consignment shops.

And here's what I found -

A mirror for $54 at a consignment shop

Tray top end tables in perfect condition for $60 each at consignment shop

Danish style dresser and mirror for $44 at thrift store - in really great condition

Chairs for $100 at consignment store (not that we need any more chairs...)

Small server with fold out top for $100 at consignment shop (S actually gets credit for this find)

Server for $92 at consignment shop (had a matching buffet and hutch, too)
Tall dresser for $125 at consignment shop (had 3 other matching pieces, too)


Long dresser at different consignment shop for $150

And guess what I came home with?

4 books from goodwill, and two gold artichoke candle holders that I will be painting white.

Lesson learned: Thrifting is hard work, and not good for the girl who is incredibly indecisive.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails