12.13.2010

Lovely - quick - Weekend

How was your weekend? Mine was lovely - but it sure went by quickly! Zoom, zoom!

I worked a lot this weekend, but did manage to get some things taken care of - including a fun little meet up with my running partner for mani's and pedi's and some holiday shopping!

We hit up this cute little shop near our homes called Fingers and Toes. This is the salon that I took my mom to for her first pedicure ever. I was very impressed with the professionalism of the salon, and it's welcoming and couture environment. Oddly enough, I met the owners while at Pier 1 on Friday evening! Completely random!

I had heard rumor about a new methodology of manicures called Shellac. Apparently it's supposed to last for 2-3 weeks. It's extra hard and long lasting. I decided to give it a shot since I have a hard time keeping paint on my fingers. I'm not sure if it is the "style" of the shellac or just the manicure in particular, but she cut off all my nails! I had been growing them out, and granted, they had started to chip and break, but they are all gone now. All the same length, and short. Oh well. I guess this is the style now.

I did pale pink on the hands and a deep purple (to match my dress for the wedding) for my toes. We had a great time chatting and catching up while we got pampered and the staff even offered us a glass of wine - which we of course accepted with huge grins!

After our spa indulgence I finished up some shopping for the niece and nephews. After a long day I was ready to go home. I threw a log on the fireplace, grabbed a glass of wine and wrapped presents by the fire - with the dogs training to help me tie bows, etc.

What a great way to get in the holiday spirit!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails