11.16.2010

My favorite time of year


Fall is my favorite time of year, so it should come as no surprise that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It encompasses all of my favorite things: family, food, wine, laziness, naps, and more food!

I did throw a little pity party last weekend though. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, yes. But the majority of my family live so far away that we don't get to see them for the holidays. Thus, making the holidays a bit depressing. Thankfully my little brother and his wife live in the same city, so at least we get to see them. In fact, little brother is in charge of the green bean casserole this year, an upgrade from dinner rolls which was last years assignment.

So to keep my spirits up, here's a quick reminder (to myself) of all the things I love about the holiday and the time of year:
  • perfect running weather (although it's been a week since I've run - oops!)
  • fire in the fireplace (had the first fire going last night - love!)
  • lots of "comfort" food
  • sweet cinnamon pumpkin candles (from Bath and Body Works)
  • the crunch of leaves while on walks with the dogs
  • a cup of tea
  • stuffing - yum!
  • the colors of fall - gold, orange, reds!
  • leftover Thanksgiving food - super yum!
While these wonderful things are great, they aren't as great as spending time with my family. But at least for another year I'll have to settle with phone calls to other time zones. Someday we'll all be together again for a Thanksgiving. Until then...I'll try to celebrate the family that we do have near. And gorge myself on stuffing!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails