But who's expectations are these? and why are they weighing down on my with so much pressure?
I mentioned this feeling to a friend the other day and she just stopped and starred at me in disbelief. And I get it, I shouldn't feel defeated by my self imposed expectations. After all,
- I have my Master's degree
- I'm employed in a well paying job
- I have a beautiful home
- a loving life partner
- two beautiful dog-children
- volunteer work that I thoroughly enjoy
- I've completed 3 full marathons and counting
- a crazy family whom I love dearly
So why do I feel inadequate around others?