12.11.2009

Ironic - or my new gig?

With all this frigid cold weather lately - single digits most days this week - the dogs have been going absolutely stir crazy! And I honestly can't blame them. At least I get to go to the gym for a run on the treadmill. But that means the poor little princesses don't get their afternoon 3 mile walk or even any backyard time. Kirby can barely stand to walk out to the grass to do her business preferring instead to walk two steps onto the concrete patio and do it there!

It's just too darn cold!


I mentioned this on facebook and had a few people respond that a solution would be doggie day care just so they could get some indoor activity and socialization.

Not a bad idea. And it made me think...

We are now a society that openly welcomes the idea of a doggie day care "to give us a break" as one friend said. It's like dogs have really become like to children. We send kids to daycare, and now we send our dogs to
daycare.

So if I follow the logic, does that mean that it would be acceptable in today's society to be a stay-at-home dog mom? I mean, women have been doing this with their kids for eons, right? So, if we as a society have progressed to accepting dog daycare as we did child daycare, wouldn't that mean that it would be perfectly acceptable to answer the age old question, "So what do you do?" with an honest and reverant, "I'm a stay-at-home dog mom."

Yes! My ideal job has just become socially acceptable - at least through my eyes!


1 comment:

Ashley said...

So you totally know I'm all for a stay at home dog mom!! The first picture of your dogs is about the cutest thing I've ever seen. I hope it's blown up and displayed at your house. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails