12.29.2009

Goodbye 2009, Hello 2010

Oh the year is ending and a new one is beginning. And that means it's time to examine how I would like to start off this new year and new decade. In no particular order or significance, here are a list of a few things that we will call 'small aspirations.' Not sure I want to call them "goals" mostly so that I don't feel like a failure when I fail to achieve such lofty goals.

  • Less TV, more reading. And I'm not just talking about trading in my closet addiction for TMZ, E! (yes, I'm watching it right now), and Chelsea Handler for People, US Weekly and other celebrity gossip magazines. I mean bulking up on real reading - like the pile of books that is slowly collecting around my house - Blink, Eat.Love.Pray, Have a Little Faith and more!
  • Less couch time, more trail time. My running hibernation period is coming to a sad, heart-wrenching close. I will mourn the loss of my yoga pants, slippers, furry blanket and remote and embrace tighter glutes, increased energy and aerobic capacity and Garmin usage. My fav running partner, Donna, and I have decided that this is our year. We have auspicious plans for running several races - the first of which is in April. Eeeck! That is only a few months away, better get started soon!
  • Less alcohol and bar food, and more fresh and healthy food. ugh. That doesn't even sound fun, does it? Where would I be without Applebee's spinach and artichoke dip and a beer on a random Wednesday night? Or my special after-work-treat of Wendy's frosty and french fries? I can tell already that this is gonna be my toughest aspiration.
  • Less spending, more saving! Ha - we can only hope, right? We have big plans for 2010 - including G&M's wedding in Costa Rica, my 30th birthday celebration (poor S has no idea that I'm planning a big hooplah!), Seth wants a warm vacation sooner than later not to mention the new fence for the backyard and carpet in the basement, etc. It's gonna take some dedication, but I think we can do it!
  • Fewer excuses, more phone calls. To stay in better touch with friends means weekly phone dates. No more lame excuses (cuz laying on the couch has really taken it out of me the lst few months...yeah, right!)
  • That's all I can think of so far...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails