8.20.2009

The celebrations cease for remodeling...

Seth and I both had Thursday off - so you might think that we spent the entire day relaxing, enjoying, celebrating or such. But, no. We spent the day remodeling - pulling tack board and staples from the guest bedroom floor where we had previously removed the carpet, taking down the old fixtures from the blinds on the walls, vacuuming and cleaning all the wood floors, trying to fix the non-working dishwasher and then ending up doing the weeks worth of dishes by hand, running cable through the attic to the master bedroom, mounting the flat screen in the bedroom, etc. 
Thankfully our friend Ryan came over to help Seth with the TV mount and I made dinner. We grilled steak and chicken, corn on the cob, fresh red and yellow bell peppers with ranch dressing for dipping, gourmet mac and cheese and some fantastic non-burnt garlic bread (a little bit of a joke that every time Ryan comes over I burn the bread - well, not today!). 

Now that dinner is all cleaned up and the boys are puttering in the garage (oh, my goodness. That totally sounds like something my mom would say about my dad!) I'm sitting on the patio with a tall glass of ice water and I'm tired! And it's only 6:30 pm. Getting old is tough! 

On the bright side, I did get a fabulous surprise today. My girlfriend Sarah sent me a bouquet of flowers in this beautiful vase! It was a great afternoon surprise. The best part was Seth said, "Why did she send you flowers?" Hmm, I don't know, Seth. Maybe because it's my birthday?! Duh!

The game plan for tomorrow?

Breakfast at Snooze - Seth has never been and I can't think of a better way to start my actual birthday than with a flight of pancakes. 

Maybe a round of golf

A little afternoon Starbucks run

A hot stone massage - and the best part - it's FREE!

And dinner out with friends at a "new" place - we are thinking either Zengo's or Sushi Sasa

And then drinks at Cru for flights of wine and fun gourmet cheese platters! 

Sounds fun - especially because there is no housework involved! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails